If you are you missing out on functionality that will help improve efficiencies and streamline your business, then now is the time to upgrade to the new Sage 200 Evolution version 10.
Keep reading to discover the host of new features and new modern look and feel introduced in Version 10.
What’s New In Sage 200 Evolution Version 10?
Microsoft Azure SQL Database
Version 10 of Sage 200 Evolution can host an Evolution Master and Common
database in Microsoft Azure SQL.
On the Locate Database wizard, point the SQL Server name to the instance set up
in Azure using SQL Authentication.
An option is available to use a secure connection to the SQL database.
Microsoft SQL 2017
The default SQL Server on the installation is now SQL 2017.
Direct Banking Integration
The Global Banking offering from Sage has been integrated into Sage 200 Evolution.
As a first iteration, a direct integration to download statements has been implemented with ABSA.
Using the Bank Manager module, Sage 200 Evolution will download the statement information directly into Bank Manager.
Each Bank Account can be set up for Bank Feeds.
Inter Branch Transfers
IBT Requisitions are enhanced to allow requisitions from within the same branch.
On the Requisition lines, an option is available to see all the quantities for the warehouse where stock is requisitioned from. All the warehouse quantity fields are visible on a new form called Stock Levels. Select this button on the Requisition form.
The fields that it will display includes:
Qty on Hand
Qty on SO
Qty on PO
Qty JC WIP
Qty MF WIP
Qty IBT to Issue
Qty IBT to Receive
On the Synchronisation Monitor, IBT’s that are processed will be part of the synchronisation, unprocessed IBT’s are excluded.
Source Document Layouts
The default source document layouts have been changed to use the text for the tax number as ‘VAT Number’.
The pin number for Version 10 has been changed and a re-registration is required.
Production items addressed in the release:
- IS-10652 – Volume discount contracts can be created for a customer name that contains an apostrophe
- IS-12117 – Allowing negative on a warehouse item has been corrected on a Sales Order
- IS-12085 – INTEGER values on _etblWhseIBTLines and _etblWhseIBTLineSN have been changed to BIGINT
- IS-11136 – Initial Import and Export corrected on the Sync Monitor using SQL2017
- IS-11501 – Asset copied at a branch will be created for the branch and not All Branches
- IS-12364 – Time of use Tariffs will calculate on a billing run
- IS-12328 – Finalisation process for pro-rata billing corrected to not give a “SelectCommand.Connection Property has not been initialised” error
- IS-12186 – Customer enquiries corrected on Municipal Billing to not display an error message “SelectCommand.Connection Property has not been initialised”
- IS-12059 – Loading of a sales order will now be faster if a customer record is linked to many delivery addresses (more than a thousand)
- IS-10189 – In a scenario when using the split delivery and invoice and using manufacturing on the fly, the Inventory Issue Accrual account will now be cleared
- IS-10658 – On a Service Task an error “One or more invalid arguments were passed to WarehouseContext Constructor” error has been corrected
- IS-12205 – Inclusive and exclusive values of purchase transactions have been corrected on the Tax Box report
- IS-11879 – A “String or Binary data will be truncated” error for suppliers with a description of more than 50 characters have been correct on Tax Management | Enquiries
For An Obligation Free Quote
Kiteview Technologies (Pty) Ltd was founded in May 2010 to provide the Sage Evolution Business Management solution to the SME market. The management team of Kiteview have combined +30 years of experience in the delivery of small to mid-market Financial & Business Management solutions. This experience, combined with a sound project implementation methodology has helped in Kiteview’s growth, becoming a Platinum status partner for SAGE Pastel within just 1 year.